Fresh Catch Seafood Cooking Class
Friday, Aug 25, 2023 &
Saturday, Aug 26, 2023
Time: 9:30am – 2:30pm
Location: Winery House Kitchen, Rutherford, CA
Price: $275 per adult | $250 for Wine Club Members
About This Event
From oysters to Dungeness crab, salmon to sturgeon, Northern California is blessed with wild-caught and sustainably farmed seafood. Explore the local waters with our winery chefs as you learn how to select and prepare sustainable seafood dishes. Afterward, tour the winery with your classmates before enjoying a 30-minute hors d’oeuvre reception and three-course plated dinner featuring the bounty of the day.
- Spicy Salmon Poke Lettuce Cups
- Grilled Oysters with Chipotle Lime Butter
- Crostini with Smoked Sturgeon Pate, Pickled Fennel & Preserved Lemon
At the table
- Lobster Salad with Heirloom Tomatoes, Sweet Corn and Basil
- Tuna Meatballs in Bouillabaisse Broth with Mussels, Clams and Fregola
- Citrus Olive Oil Cake with Peaches & Whipped Cream
All classes are participation style and include the class, a tour of the winery and culinary gardens (weather permitting), an appetizer reception and a three-course lunch paired with Cakebread Cellars wines. All participants leave with a Cakebread Cellars apron, a booklet of recipes and wine notes from the day, some great memories and quite often, new friends.